Immigration Lawyer Robert West

3301 Spring Mountain Rd
Unit 3
Las Vegas, NV 89102

Call For More Information

(702) 319-5459

Immigration Lawyer Robert West

There are multiple types of visas that fall into one of two categories: immigrant and non-immigrant. Non-immigrant temporary visas allow a foreigner to live and work in the United States. An immigrant visa allows a foreigner to become a permanent resident of the United States. The most well-known employment-based non-immigrant visa is a specialty worker visa called the H1-B. For an H1-B visa, the worker must have a degree that matches the field of work. The second most popular type of non-immigrant visa is a temporary visa called the H2-B, which is used for any type of work aside from jobs in the agricultural sector. An H2-A is a non-immigrant employment-based temporary visa for work in agriculture.

The most common immigrant visas are EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3. There are multiple types of EB-1 visas that can be used depending on the situation. For example, one is used for multinational managers, and another one is used for individuals who have an extraordinary ability (the latter of these two is very rarely used because so few people qualify). EB-2 visas are generally used for people who have a master’s degree or fulfill a role that is important for the national interest. The most common type of immigrant visa is the EB-3, which might require the foreigner to have a few years’ worth of training or a specific degree. There is generally a waiting period for the availability of EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3 visas.

Do You Work With Individuals Or Companies When They Are Seeking An Employment-Based Visa?

I usually work with both the company and the individual to ensure that both sides have the same goal and understanding. It is ideal for a company to contact me before the need for foreign employment even arises. Once a client contacts me about the desire to hire a foreign worker, I will review the worker’s resume, CV, and other documents in order to make sure that the worker is qualified for the job. I will also make sure that the employer is willing to pay the minimum amount required by the visa. Once it is determined that a foreign worker should qualify for an H1-B visa, I will determine whether they are a Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, or Level 4 wage earner, and confirm that the employer is willing and able to pay 100 percent of the wages.

For more information on Employment Based Visas In United States, an initial consultation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling (702) 319-5459 today.

Read more about our immigration services

Robert West, Esq.

Call Now For More Information
(702) 319-5459

Translate »